Wednesday 29 July 2009

Mandarin class

My life has been so damn busy lately.. I rarely update my blog and have 'little' time to spend on YM and Facebook.. It's not that they restricted ym and facebook at my office.... There were lots of things to handle.. but I am glad and happy with my life.. that is more important.

Ibu and I.. we were not into shopping lately.. We will go to MPH during lunch time to survey languages books. It started with watching Japanese movie few months ago.. currently Ibu wants to learn Japanese so bad and provoke my long buried dream of studying mandarin inside. So now, I attend a mandarin class every Wednesday night. Today is my third class since i missed one class last week.

Wo de laoshi concentrate more on conversation rather than writing. I took my own initiative to learn the writing. Yes.. i was able to write about 50 - 70 characters until today while some, i am able to identify the characters and the meaning but unable to say the words in mandarin. I am bit slow i guess but Chinese characters are not something that is easy for Malay to understand. They don't have abc like English. Some of their characters are combination of two words and it needed brain to define the meaning such as electric + conversation = telephone, people + tree = resting.. nah! see

I totally disagree with peoples who think that learning other languages such as English and Mandarin means that we look up too high at them.. some even make an example about Japanese people who succeed without having to learn and understand English. I think peoples with this kind of thinking is pathetic, you know! Learning is a non stop process, it doesn't count what kind of knowledge you learn.. it is all about the knowledge itself.