Wednesday 5 February 2014

Confession Of A Mother : I Got Better By Day

I confess being a mother is not an easy part of my life because everything revolves around my child now. It was not suppose to be like that but, it happened without warning. I did make mistakes everyday be it forgetting to wash the bottles up to the point being late to feed the baby. I no longer have the luxury of time to take a bath and eat properly. I can only being invisible for five minutes before she started crying. But I believe that I got better by day.

To save  time for morning chaos, I prepare my clothes including socks before going to bed and put them somewhere on the hallway between makeup table and toilet so that I can minimize my movement and save time, I even prepare my towel and hang it on toilet's door. I pack our bags and put it in front of the door. When my girl is asleep, I clean up all the mess at home so I could go back to a clean house tomorrow. My goal is always about getting things done without many movement that waste time especially in the morning. I always make sure I wash all baby bottles before going to sleep, refill the thermos, refill the drinking water bottle, refill the milk container and keep two or three clean bottles inside the room so that I could easily access them when my daughter cries for milk in the middle of the night which normally  two feed every night.

I woke up 5 to 10 minutes earlier than my routine every morning. Sounds like it doesnt make any different yet it did. I used that time to rinse all used bottles during the night, put it in the fridge and wash them after I get home from work.

Besides that, I also rearrange the layout of our small house to make sure I have access to few things by only standing at one place like able to monitor my child and have access to fridge and plates cabinet while I was standing in front of the stove, cooking.

Yeah, time is more precious than gold if you ask me!