Friday 12 June 2009

Sawada and Yankumi

I watched Hana Yori Dango starting last night. It was hard for me to accept the first season but I started to like it at second season. I am not a fan of Mao Inoue and I think Matsumoto Jun looked ugly in that drama. He looked so much better and handsome back at Gokusen day. But I am not blaming his hair because they were just trying to make him resembled the Domiyuji portrayed in the manga. Maybe I should blame the lightining or filming technique? O?? For Mao Inoue, it is no doubt that she is cute but she is “not enough” for Domiyuji character.

I started watching it after finishing Gokusen 2. I think Gokusen 2 is not bad either but I prefer Gokusen 1. I like the fact that I can relate to Sawada and Yankumi’s character. For a young boy, it is not a surprise if they tend to adore adults. As for Sawasa Shin, he can be considered as a loner and all he has were his friends and there was Yankumi, who is always supporting him and his friends. I am touched also if I were him. If you blend with the drama, you will see clearly that Sawada has feelings for Yankumi. What I like about the drama is that they did not exploit Sawada's feeling which can cross the limits of teacher-student relationship. I love they put a limit there and I loved it when Sawada confessed about it to the other three guys who also have feelings for Yankumi at the end of the show.

I read the manga which on the 2008 SP, Yankumi returned Sawada’s feelings after he saved her. He even told Yankumi the reason he was behaving good during his school days only because he has feelings for Yankumi, which of course Yankumi rejected it at first. Both Nakama Yuki and Matsumoto Jun did a great job translating the manga into drama. Matsumoto Jun acting was really good in there. His character was portraying a loner young boy with a cold expression on his face while Nakama Yuki played a clumsy and funny person and both did not over doing it. If only Nakama Yuki fighting-body-language was a bit sharp, I think I will appreciate it more. I hope they film the Gokusen manga SP 2008 and bring back these two together.